How to use our tagging system and instructions on hand written tags below:
Summary of Instructions
• To register as a new consignor at Little Treasures and Threads click on the Registration link in the top corner of this site. You will automatically be redirected to our online tagging and registration system.
• Click on Create an Account and follow the prompts.
• Now that your account has been created, and you are ready to begin entering information. Go to the tab “Enter Items.”
If you want to presort your items by gender and size before you enter that may save time because you will only have to reenter the price and description for each similar item. You also can avoid using the mouse entirely by simply using the tab button, selecting the first letter of each entry in the drop downs and the enter key to add items.
How to enter items
• Click on Enter Items: Either click on the Enter items link provided on the screen or go to the Enter Items Tab on the top middle of the screen. Look at the “Add/Remove/Edit Items” screen.
• Select Sale: Select the correct Season/Year you are entering items for.
• Price: The price can be selected either by mouse or by typing in the digit (which is faster). Zero is allowed for items with multiple pieces so be careful not to accidentally select this one. Take a few moments to familiarize how the prices are set up.
• Discount: If Discount appears, then you either check it for YES or leave it empty for NO. If you choose YES, then all items with YES will be discounted on the sale’s discount day. If you check NO your items will not be discounted on the last sale day.
• Size: Choose the size either with your mouse or by typing in the first digit of the size you want (which is faster). Take time to familiarize how the sizes are set up.
• Description: Type your description being careful to stay in the box provided. Try to not use capital letters. TIP: Type the first line with the words that will be consistent from item to item. For example, let’s say you have 10 Gymboree items. Type Gymboree in the 1st description line and give more details on the 2nd line. That way, you do not need to retype Gymboree over and over. Another example for the first Description Line is “New” or Gently Worn, etc. Use the second description line to complete your description.
• Category: Choose the Category either with your mouse or by typing in the first letter of the category you want (which is faster). Take a few moments to familiarize how the categories are set up.
• Click on “Add Item” OR click the Enter button. The system will add the item to the bottom of the screen for you to view and will automatically save the item.
PLEASE NOTE: Notice at the bottom that all of your items are added to the bottom below the entry form. If you leave this tab or are timed out, then all of the items at the bottom of the page will disappear. DO NOT WORRY. They are still in the database and can be accessed via the Manage Inventory Screen. The system will time you out after it remains idle for 15-20 minutes. So try to sort them before you start tagging. If the system times out, you lose the efficiency of the system, because you will have re-enter all of your information again for the next tag.
• Select the items you want to print. Just click in the box next to the item or click on the “Check All” box.
• Go to the Print Tags tab or click on the “Print Tags” link provided on the top right of the screen.
• Load your printer with WHITE CARD STOCK paper. Do NOT print on regular Copy paper. The tags WILL tear and wrinkle and bend and will cause problems.
• Press OK. Tags will print with the bar code. DO NOT TAPE OVER THE BAR CODE. Be careful when attaching tags to notice the description and make sure it matches the item. Be sure you check this before bringing items for check in. This system also allows you to keep track of your inventory as it sells.
Hand Written Tags Are Still Accepted! We Also Accept Tags From Other Sales.
You may keep your same consignor number, just drop the alphabetical letters. So EM8999 will simply become 8999. Numbers will be available on a first come first serve basis. It is possible your number will get taken, so you can make a new number or just drop a number. For example, instead of 8999, just drop the 8 and become 999. If you have items already tagged from previous sales, just take a marker and cross out the part of your number that doesn’t exist anymore.
Benefits of MySalesManager
(The Computer System)
- Daily Sales Updates – Know how much and which items sold.
- Inventory Control – You will know exactly how many items you have tagged, the total value of those items, and know which items sold and which ones didn’t.
- Sort Checks – We know in real time how much you have made and will be paying those who help with sort that day!
- Even if you use hand written tags we will be keying them into the computer at check-out, so you too will know your sales daily.
- Speed – We will have up to 3 registers and be able to process checkouts quickly and efficiently. This will allow us to invite more shoppers who will BUY MORE OF YOUR STUFF!
Don’t have PayPal or Credit/Debit Card?
Since you haven’t had to prepay when registering in the past, we realize some of you may not have PayPal or feel comfortable doing so. That’s ok! You do have to be registered in our system to consign and we are happy to help you with that.
If you want to consign, but do not want to or don’t know how to register online, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I am more than happy to assist you.
Recap of Changes
- Hand Written Tags are still accepted, but we prefer and think you will grow to love using the online system.
- You must get registered in the system online or through us.
- Drop the letters from your consignor number.
- You must schedule a drop off appointment online.
- Review our Selling Guidelines.
- Review our How to Tag Information.
- If you are going to Hand Write Tags review here
Hand Written Tags
|We will be keying your tags into the checkouts instead of removing and sorting cut tags. So please be aware that the system will show each sold item as a non-inventoried item and you will not be able to know which items have sold. You will be able to log into your account daily to track your sales!
YOU MUST GET REGISTERED TO GET YOUR CONSIGNOR NUMBER (numeric numbers only – no letters)!
Cards must be VERTICAL!
Leave 1/2 inch at top of card (where you attach safety pin) Safety pin all tags to items. If you are facing the garment, the tag must be pinned on the right shoulder side or the right hip side if pants. The hanger should curve to the left (the hanger should look like a question mark). If you use Ziploc bags for items, tape the tag securely. Packing tape is best. BE SURE TAGS ARE TAPED ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BAG ONLY.
Your consignor number MUST GO IN THE TOP LEFT HAND CORNER! Please highlight number in yellow.
If you choose not to discount, please mark it with a Red “ND”. Any other mark will not be accepted as a no discount.
Please include the size in the top right-hand corner.
Please include a brief detailed description in the middle of the card.
Please include the price in the bottom right hand corner.
The proper tagging, hanging, and packaging of your items is extremely important since we will not be able to accept them if they are done incorrectly. We realize that this often gets confusing since each consignment sale typically has its own unique way of doing things so here is ours:
• Clothes should be on the hanger facing left so when they are facing you the hook on the top should look like a question mark. • Attach your tag with a #1 or #2 safety pin on the top right hand corner of the item. This makes everything hang nicely and tags are viewed easily when looking through racks of clothing. If possible, try to tag your clothing item to the hanger, this helps alleviate the issue of clothes ending up on the floor because they slipped off the hanger. Clothes on the floor = no sale. No one wants to pick up clothes off the floor to purchase them. If the tag falls off the item cannot be sold because we don’t know which consignor to credit the item too.
• Do not use any of the following to attach tags…tape, straight pins, staples, or tiny safety pins. I highly discourage the use of tagging guns because in my experience they put too big of a hole in the clothing item.
• Shirts-Pretty basic. Follow the rules above remembering the “question mark rule” and pin tag to the top right hand corner.
• First Grab the corner of the waist and fold it over the top of the slanted part of the hanger. Note that the hanger has been caught right at the fold between my fingers. Second-Stick your safety pin straight through both sides. Note that the hanger should be at the top of the fold and the safety pin is inserted below the hanger to “lock” the hanger in place. Third-Lock your safety pin and repeat for the other side. When you unfold the corner of your pants, your safety pins will look like this on the front. Finally-When you flip your pants over that the safety pin caught the hanger and the pants now sit securely on the hanger. They won’t slide, they rarely come unpinned and the presentation factor just went up! When they hang nicely on the hanger, you increase your ability to sell them.
• Outfits-If you are hanging an outfit, you will want to place your bottoms (skirt, shorts, pants etc.) up near the shoulder and pin through both the top and the bottoms at the waist. Never pin pants or bottoms to the bottom of a shirt without the support of the hanger. What happens is that the bottoms first of all don’t hang nice and secondly, they pull and tear holes in the tops from the weight of the pants. The rigors of a kid’s consignment sale will quickly pull that outfit apart if you hang stuff on the shirt tails. Hang pants so they are facing out – on the back side of the hanger, so that knees can quickly be inspected.
• Hang the shirt with the hanger facing the left as it is facing you. Hang the pants on the back and use the top of the hanger as the support for the pants by pinning through the top part of the hanger.
• Once you have successfully hung and tagged all of your clothes you will want to sort them by gender and size. This makes life a whole lot easier when you go to drop off your clothes at the sale. Your feet will thank you when you don’t have to keep running back and forth between racks to hang up different sizes/genders.